Subject: Re: [dss-x] Re: CVE for DSS spec

Andreas, this is really interesting. We have two documents right now:Â

- The Vulnerability Handling and Disclosure Policy atÂhttps://docs.google.com/document/d/1Vx-ul_MTenguAmFZKnMS89yEu1YMbvRenJGk0D7N3KI/edit#heading=h.7m6wq9expm3eÂ
- The Vulnerability Handling and Disclosure Process atÂhttps://docs.google.com/document/d/1qxp3EMq8KKq84smrAFyWlnL87oOrPj-kT9dxefjk5Pc/edit#heading=h.7m6wq9expm3eÂ- the Process is the document that we'll put on the OASIS public pages to guide researchers who want to report findings.Â

With the link, you can comment. You will see that we have had a lot of feedback already from members of the Open Projects Advisory Council. Feel free to add comments if you'd like. The Board Process Committee is reviewing these now with the intention to send these to the full Board for review soon.Â

So, I want to be sure I understand your situation. I looked at the page on the Mitre site and I don't get a result for CVE-2020-13101. I see results for 2019- and 2018-. For 2020- I found "** RESERVED ** This candidate has been reserved by an organization or individual that will use it when announcing a new security problem. When the candidate has been publicized, the details for this candidate will be provided." Is it the TC that made the reservation?Â

Assuming that's the case: that you all discovered a vulnerability, addressed it, and have reserved the identifier, can you tell me the story? How did you find out about it, how did you deal with it, etc. etc. This is a great education for me (and the rest of the committee I'm sure) and can help me make sure we are putting the right things in place.Â

In terms of where to post the notice, that is a great question. I had not thought about that in detail. Your suggestion makes perfect sense - a link on the download section and a reference one the TC's home page. We may wind up needing a Vulnerabilities list somewhere on the OASIS site but for now, notice on the TC page may be enough.Â

In any case, thanks - I'm looking forward to hearing more details.Â

/chet