Subject: Revised charter draft

Dear TC members,

I used our TC repository of the DSS spec to provide a comparable version of the current original (effective) charter and a new revision which I would like to propose.

Comparison:
https://github.com/oasis-tcs/dss-x-spec/compare/original-charter..revised-charter-draft-20210322

Old (on OASIS site the real place):
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/dss-x/charter.php

Old on github:
https://github.com/oasis-tcs/dss-x-spec/blob/4c89ad2f8b4756bf2fdbb88b8e8f75973dca4433/tc_charter/index.md

New (Draft) on github:
https://github.com/oasis-tcs/dss-x-spec/blob/charter-rework-2021/tc_charter/index.md

I tagged both commits so that it should be easy to see them rendered nicely by github side by side.

I had to change the letter ordered lists to number ordered ones because I ddi not find how to convince github to render alike and wanted to minimize the visual noise.

As you will see, I updated the charter mainly in stating that
* it is revised
* we have severe reasons to create the version 2.0 and whch ones
* removed some funny target date around 2008 :-) which in my opinion should have never been there in the first place: It is done, when it is done ...

What do you think, can we discuss during the meeting (it is already under AOB since last meeting I think).

@Chet: How should we proceed to approve and pblish the new agenda?

Thanks a lot and all the best,
Stefan
Co-Chair of OASIS DSS-X TC