dss message

Subject: RE: [dss] some changes in requirements draft 3

At 10:48 AM 4/10/2003 -0700, Trevor Perrin wrote:

>On the subject of WS-Security, this document on the SAML profile of
>WS-Security has a few interesting things:
>http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/1048/WSS-SAML-06.pdf

One other interesting thing in this document - it defines a URI for a
"sender-vouches" Subject Confirmation method for SAML, with the semantics
"A message sender uses the sender-vouches confirmation method to assert
that it is acting on behalf of the subjects of the assertions in the
message (3.4.2).

We could re-use this URI, or define our own "signer-vouches" confirmation
method to apply to signatures instead of SOAP messages.

Trevor