dss message

Subject: RE: [dss] Representing requestor's identity

At 11:07 PM 4/29/2003 -0400, jmessing wrote:

> >This sounds less like signed attributes the signer would add to a
> >particular signature, and more like policies, validity intervals, and name
> >constraints a CA would add to the DSS Server's certificate.
>
>I disagree. It relates to a trust relationship expressed between a
>requestor and the DSS. It has nothing to do with the DSS certificate.

okay.  This sounds like a signature policy then - you'd want to include a
SignaturePolicyIdentifer (like in XAdES 5.2.3) as a signed attribute that
clarifies the semantics of the signature - in this case, it would clarify
the relationship between the signer and requestor.  We decided not to
commit ourselves to particular representations of signature policies like
XAdES, but this sort of additional attribute is allowed under 3.2.3 of the
requirements.  Is that sufficient?

http://www.w3.org/TR/XAdES/#Syntax_for_XAdES_The_SignaturePolicyIdentifier_element

Trevor