dss message

Subject: requirements draft 4

I updated the draft, mostly just to tighten the language, clean up typos,
and mention a couple things like:
  - extensibility to linking timestamps
  - the client sending dsig:References for URIs that contribute to the
transform chain

However I also changed "3.2.1 Requestor Identity" drastically:

"If the server is not signing with a key specific to the requestor, then
the server might want to represent the requestor's name, details of how the
requestor authenticated, or other identifying information in signed
attributes.  We will not specify how this is done, leaving it to
higher-level standards that build on DSS.  Options include an RFC 3280
GeneralName in CMS, and a SAML Assertion in XML-DSIG."

This reflects my growing feeling that we shouldn't concern ourselves with
the contents and semantics of signatures, but should just focus on the
technical issues of sending to-be-signed or was-signed data and retrieving
back a signature or verification result.  Doing otherwise seems like a can
of worms.

But this is just to spur discussion, if people disagree we'll change it
back..

Revision tracking is enabled in the word doc:
http://trevp.net/dss/dss_requirements_draft_4.doc
http://trevp.net/dss/dss_requirements_draft_4.pdf

Trevor