dss message

Subject: RE: [dss] Further - Request for inclussion to the requirementsdocument

At 09:43 AM 5/13/2003 +0100, Nick Pope wrote:

>Trevor
>
>The term "Profile" is generally used for selecting options within an
>existing specification.

I'm using "signature profile" to mean a profile of an existing signature
specification like XML-DSIG/XAdES or CMS, which specifies how things like
requestor identity or an XML timestamp are added to them.

>What we are suggesting in b) is the extending of the elements defined in the
>Core with some additional elements.
>
>Then in c) We suggest that for a particular use case we select those
>elements relevant to a particular usage.

Can we squish these together?  I.e., if we define an XAdES Signature
Profile that specifies how to identify the requestor and attach XML
timestamps within XAdES, and the same for CMS, then what else is left for
(c) to do?  I.e., what else do we have to profile for particular use
cases?  Could you give examples?

>Independent of the number of documents required do you agree with the clear
>difference between adding elemenets to the core and a profile.
>
>Also, the list you produce for the core is not exactly the same as we
>suggest.  What is "XML Simple"?

sorry, read that whole bullet as refering to the time stamp and mark
elements.  Simple as opposed to linking.

>Also do you agree that the "signature
>Policy" (which already included in the requirements document) should be
>included in the CORE.

In my imaginary "Protocol and Core Elements" doc I was only putting in new
elements that we need to define.  XAdES already has a signature policy
element, so I wasn't putting it in there.

Trevor