dss message

Subject: RE: [dss] Comments to draft 6 Use Case requirements

I thought I would submit the following requirements which are specific to
the UPU's Electronic PostMark. I only received these yesterday from one of
my technical colleagues. They may be useful for the Use case requirements
document.

·	Ability to tie multiple "business transaction" lifecycle events
together under a common identifier or key. This will allow the complying
service to tie together several significant events in the non-repudiation
lifecycle.

·	Ability to "store signed content" which would be awaiting pickup by
an intended recipient. Additionally the ability to specify that the request
to retrieve this content needs to be "signed" by the intended recipient
(i.e. a "sign for pickup" facility)

·	Ability to allow other trusted service providers to "vouch for
events" in a given lifecycle. The example we most often use is the "Mail
Transport Agent" vouching for the sender that he indeed submitted a
document. Additionally the "Mail Transport Agent" can vouch to the EPM
Service that it indeed transported the particular document. This can be
accomplished by a "Vouched Event" operation. Chain of trust must be
established between "vouching" and "vouched for" parties.

·	Ability to allow a signator (acting as a sender) to request a signed
delivery and  receipt confirmation from the recipient.

·	Ability to add a timestamp to an existing signature presented by the
subscriber.

·	Ability to retrieve signature verification results, if authorized to
do so.

·	Ability to have "passed in" content checked by the service against
the content (SignedInfo) of a previously created signature over that
content. Essentially a check on the sameness of content previously signed.

Regards

Steve Gray