dss message

Subject: DSS profile according to german signature law

Hi !

Due to my open task taken from Boston I evaluated the need for a german signature law profile :
Yes, it makes perfect sense to define such a profile ! There are several usual constraints regarding algorithms and key length, but also some
unexpected guidelines e.g. modifying the usual way a certificate chain is verified !

Moreover, the german ISIS-MTT group ( http://www.isis-mtt.org ) already defined such a profile.
Right now I try to contact a representative to clarify IPR issues. But I don't expect much problems, because the ISIS-MTT is funded by the
Federal Ministry of Economics and Labour of Germany.

Greetings

Andreas