dss message

Subject: RE: Patent Info re: Sign On (FormPipe)

Ed and all in DS TC

I have investigated this patent and attach the International (PCT) version.

The claim that I believe is relevant to DSS in claim 9.  This claim is
however dependent on a number of other claims:
Claim 8: which includes encryption
Claim 7: which describes a very specific architecture including the use of a
notary server which forwards files to a receipient.

The European claims look similar.

Thus, I personally doubt whether this patent has much significance to DSS,
although clearly this is not an official or professional judgement.

Other thoughts?

Nick

WO0133420.pdf