dss message

Subject: RE: [dss] t+/-dt

Tim et all on DSS

As I mentioned on yesterdays conference call my view is that bringing in two
times add a whole new set of complexities to applications in deciding which
time is relevant.  If the difference in the two possible time becomes
significant to an application then other factors, such as network delay,
come into play.  Accuracy gives a simple indication of the quality of the
time-source and provided that this is within an level that is not
significant to an application then the diffence between the t+dt and t-dt is
not significant.  If this is of significance then other factors which effect
the accuracy (e.g. variance in network delay) also need to be taken into
account.

Nick

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dss/members/leave_workgroup.php