dss message

Subject: Re: [dss] REFORMULATED ISSUE#2: SIGNATURECONTENTS (SIGN REQUEST DISCUSSION)

Trevor, see below...

>Hmm.  So you're saying there's the:
>  - "selection transforms" A -> B, and the
>  - "signature transforms" A -> C, B -> C
>
>A = input documents
>B = enveloped or enveloping documents
>C = the final post-transformed data that's actually signed

<JC>
Yes, precisely!!. I did not want to put it more complicated but I certainly
was thinking in that we could have two groups of transformations that
you mention here....
</JC>

>You're right, that's what 3.5.1 in the requirements doc appears to say.
>I'd say that's the most complex of 3 choices:
>
>1) selection transforms can produce enveloped or enveloping docs
>2) selection transforms can produce only enveloped docs
>3) no selection transforms

<JC> </JC>

>Perhaps we can revisit the requirement.  I'm not sure it's important to be
>able to select particular parts of Input Documents.  Doing (3) would make
>things easier.

<JC>Yes, it wouId but I am not sure of  that in the view of the fact that
the requirement
of this capability for selection parts of the documents is one of the
requirements ....
One thing that could help would be to check this requirement against the
use cases
considered by this group... And try to answer to questions like "would it
be useful to be able
to do such requests to a signature server from a  workflow system based in
XML documents,
where from one document certain agents could be interested in extract
certain parts and sign
preciselly those parts? "</JC>