dss message

Subject: Re: [dss] full schema for signing request

At 07:17 PM 9/24/2003 -0400, Rich Salz wrote:

> >   - you have <xs:choice minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"> instead of
> > just <xs:choice>.  Could every dss:Parameter just have a single content
> > element?
>
>You're right, that's a cut and paste error (from Parameters); it should
>just be <xs:choice>
>
> >   - why <xs:complexType mixed="true"> instead of just <xs:complexType>?
> >   - do we need <xs:attribute name="type" type="xs:anyURI"
> > use="required"/>?  Could the server just look at the name of its single
> > content element?
>
>Some parameters might just have content.  For example
>         <dss:Parameter type="http://www.verisign.com/cps/foo";>
>            here is the text of our certification practice
>            statement.
>         </dss:Parameter>
>
>I'm not opposed to forcing that to be rewritten such that the interior
>element defines the content:
>         <dss:Parameter>
>           <vrsn:cps xmlns:vrsn="http://www.verisign.com/cps/foo";>
>            here is the text of our certification practice
>            statement.
>           </vrsn:cps>
>         </dss:Parameter>

If we rewrote it that way, the only function of dss:Parameter would be to
contain the "mustUnderstand" attribute.  At the f2f we decided that the
server should *have* to understand any client parameters, or reject the
entire request.  Just made things simpler.  We could revisit that.  But if
we got rid of mustUnderstand we wouldn't need dss:Parameter, we could just do:

<xs:element name="Parameters">
   <xs:complexType>
     <xs:sequence>
       <xs:any processContents="lax"/>
     </xs:sequence>
   </xs:complexType>
</xs:element>

And then you just add parameters directly under this.  Maybe that's a
little simpler, I dunno if it sacrifices anything important.

Trevor