dss message

Subject: wd-06

This draft adds most of the options / outputs we discussed in the
requirements.  We may be close to done with adding stuff to the Signing /
Verifying protocols, except for some polish.

Here are the Options / Outputs added:

On the Signing Protocol:
  - SignaturePlacement / OutputDocument, for having the server envelope the
signature inside one of the input documents

On the Verifying Protocol:
  - ClaimedIdentity (this was only on Signing before, but it seems to make
sense here too)
  - VerifyManifests was fleshed out
  - ReturnSigningTime / SigningTime
  - ReturnSignerIdentity / SignerIdentity
  - ReturnUpdatedSignature / UpdatedSignature

(This last was added so that there's an "UpdatedSignature" output in core
that profiles can use if they want; if they don't want to use this, or need
something more specialized, like Ed has discussed, then they can ignore this).

We still may need an option to return the post-transformed data that was
actually signed, if we still want that.

Also, the <ProcessingDetails> is not very fleshed out.  Gregor, Juan Carlos
- you guys were champions of this, perhaps you could see how well this
matches your intent for Requirement 3.7.6, "Signature Verification Steps",
and suggest improvements?

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dss/download.php/4243/oasis-dss-1.0-core-spec-wd-06.doc
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/4242/oasis-dss-1.0-core-spec-wd-06.pdf

Trevor