dss message

Subject: RE: [dss] DSS Core comments

Trevor

I think we are going to have to be meticulously clear about the hashing processing rules - about what is
hashed and what is not.  For example, in the text you propose:

1.  The server hashes the contents of each <Document> element:  If the
<Document> contains <XMLData>, the server hashes the entire contents of the
<XMLData> element, excluding the start and end tags.  If the <Document>
contains <Base64Data>, the server base64-decodes the element content and
hashes the result.

This reads that the elements "<XMLData>" and "</XMLData>" are included in the hash calculation. I thought not from the previous text, and maybe it is better if they are not, since these elements wrap the content we care about.

I also read that "<Base64Data>" is not included in the hash, from this wording, which I think is correct.

Are we clearly decided on what should be in the hash calculation? If so, maybe an example would help clarify the
text.

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia Mobile Phones