dss message

Subject: RE: [dss] Draft minutes for 12 Jan meeting

Hi Rich, small clarification of a question you raise in the minutes.

In the coverage of the Policy-wise server profile, you pose the question
'The new term for the old classic 'lightweight"?'. We explicitly did not
choose 'lightweight' (or similarly disparaging descriptors) because the
profile is not intended for scenarios in which policy is not important (and
so relevant for 'lightweight' applications) - rather that its management and
application is unevenly distributed - with the server taking the bulk of the
burden.

That said, if by lightweight, you were referring to the client's
capabilities rather than the application's characteristics, then the name
would fit.

Thanks

Paul