dss message

Subject: RE: [dss] Timestamping Profile Q 1/3: Type of "SignatureObject"

Trevor,

Two points:

1) Whilst the form of "SignatureObject" returned from Sign & Input to
Verify, I think that this warrent a separate section which identifies /
defines the form of signature supported by a specific profile.  Depending on
the profile this may be very broad or very specific, but but having such a
section the reader can immediately identify the form of signatures supported
by a profile.

2) Personally, I am more inclined towards a profile being more specific as
this is closest to what is likely to be implemented and so greatly increases
the chance of interopability.  The definition of other profiles for other
forms of time-stamps should be a fairly straightforward matter given the
example profile and the flexibility of the DSS Core.

Nick

kgroup.php.