dss message

Subject: Re: [dss] Core issues

I would actually suggest looking at this XKMS editor's draft which will
be the CR candidate in a week or two's time for references.

http://www.w3.org/2001/XKMS/Drafts/XKMS20030826/xkms-part-1.html
http://www.w3.org/2001/XKMS/Drafts/XKMS20030826/xkms-part-2.html

Thanks

/Shivaram

Trevor Perrin wrote:
> At 01:13 PM 4/1/2004 -0500, Rich Salz wrote:
>
>>> I had a quick look at the XKMS spec:
>>> http://www.w3.org/TR/xkms/
>>> and in XKMS is a result code "Pending" which I see as equivalent to the
>>> "TryAgainLater" which Pierter was proposing.
>

> Here's a more recent spec:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xkms2/
>
> A couple things we could borrow:
>  - the client advertises whether it supports asynchronous responses
>  - the request's ID value is re-used to identify the request, later
>
> Probably that borrowing should happen in code-signing for now, though,
> not in the core.
>

>> Yes, and the request/response ID's, semantics for sync'ing them up, etc.
>>
>> Could we fit all DSS messages into the XKMS request/response types?
>

> I'm not sure exactly what you mean?
>
> Trevor

> the OASIS TC), go to
> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dss/members/leave_workgroup.php.

Shivaram H. Mysore <shivaram.mysore@sun.com>

JavaSoft, Sun Microsystems Inc.     Co-Chair, W3C's XKMS WG
                                     http://www.w3.org/2001/XKMS

Direct: (408)276-7524
Fax:    (408)276-7674