dss message

Subject: Re: [dss] Profile Integration proposal

Hi Paul,

Thank you for putting the profile pieces together in one document !

As you outlined the profiles do work just in an inheritance mode. The abstract profile gets implemented by a concrete profile which in turn can
be specialized by a subprofile.

The only way to aggregate profiles of different target dimensions ( vertical vs. horizontal ) is to define a new combination profile. I'm afraid
  we will see a combinatory explosion of profiles with just being a combination of two or three other profiles. So I would suggest to aggregate
the different profiles at runtime, giving not only one, but a set of profiles with the SignRequest structure. I know this is a big change to the
core protocol, but I would help us to keep different things separated. For example the GermanSignatureProfile has intentionally nothing to do
with the XAdES or a CMS profile. So why tie two profiles together in a combinatory subprofile ?

Problems may get worse, if more horizontal profile evolve ...

Greetings

Andreas