dss message

Subject: RE: [dss] "Required" Designation on SignatureObject within VerifyRequest

Trevor,

   Agreed. I buy that. Given the fact that CMS was officially removed from
the Requirements document back in August, I can't legitimately argue for too
much additional support in the core. Unfortunate, this one slipped by me. I
also buy your CMS suggestions below and will need some help in crafting it
into the profile.

   Back to the original discussion ... On the XMLDSIG support for multiple
signatures in a single InputDocument, are you and the team willing to do
some relaxing/tweaking in the following areas ?

- the [Required] on the XPath sub-element, change to [Optional] with
non-normative comments pointing at the profiles

- some unboundedness on the ProcessingDetails optional output

   The rest of the options I can simply constrain in the profile to achieve
the desired co-sign and counter-sign objective for both CMS and XMLDSIG in
the EPM profile (and others that want to pursue this). The remainder of the
options would still naturally be available to callers when only one
signature is in play or when they are willing to point to the target
signature.

Ed