dss message

Subject: Comment on time-stamps schemes

Dear all,
I copy below my reply to another comment that Peter Sylvester made
on time-stamp scheme

Juan Carlos.

Hi Peter,
Good.

>Another topic are time stamps and a higher level validation.
>
>For time stamps, I think that just doing 3161 stamps
>(even when encoded with xml) may not be sufficient. I
>begin to like the idea that maybe a timestamp validation
>service could replace the time stamp signature by a hash
>link, i.e. the service to validate the time stamp would
>have two input parameters, a timestamp and another hash
>The result is a hash linking chain up to the hash the
>client provided. cf. the cybernetica hash linking implementation.

Are you thinking in the linking time-stamps mechanisms defined
in ISO?

One suggestion, Peter, perhaps you could send a copy of your emails to the
list that the DSS TC has for public comments:

dss-comment@lists.oasis-open.org

In that way, all the members of the TC will see your emails and be able to
answer.

Regards

Juan Carlos.