dss message

Subject: RE: [dss] status of core

Trevor

This is a useful set of proposals, thanks to you Ed, and Gregor.  If we can
agree on these changes and close of the outstanding issues by the end of the
next conf call then I should think that we would be in a position to produce
a further DSS working draft.

Can I ask for clarification on the first functional change:
" 1) Lines 278-282, 370-376, 937-943: Replace use of transmitted DTDs with
XML Schema.  Probably doesn't need to be base64 encoded any more."

Can the XML schema be the subset of the document schema needed to identify
the ID attributes?  If so can a few words be added to claify this.

Why was the base64 encoding applied to the DTD?  Was this to hid the non-XML
syntax?  If so then I agree this is not needed, although keeping it in
Base64 may possibly help handling this as one information object.

Regarding Outstanding Issues and following on from the discuss at the conf
call;
1) I agree with your suggestion to add clarification that the input document
may be a [document], signature or manifest to be timestamped / coutersigned.

2)
- I believe that we concluded that manifest should be prepared by the
client.
- If it is easy to define structures to return more information for
<VerifyManifest> this would be useful.
- I don't think that adding more complexity to <ReturnedTransormedDocument>
is necessary at this stage.

3) More specific <ProcessingDetails> would be useful as long as we can
identify what is required easily.  Alternatively pass on to profiles that
warrent such details.

Nick

kgroup.php.