dss message

Subject: Re: [dss] XMLData opaqueness ?

Ed, I am not familiar with the library you mention.
I know that there are others that seem to behave in
different way. I am using JDOM, for instance, and there
if you add to an element a xml tree as content, the '<' and
the '>' are kept and you can see the tree within the element.
Obviously this alternative would not allow to include the
PI <?xml....> .... What you mention seems to me as if you
had ordered to the library to add the XML document as TEXT
content to the element, which forces the escaping of all the
'<' and '>'... and this brings me back to my question: could you try
to put within the xml document an element with some text that
has some &lt; (ie an escaped '<') and then see if when reading the
parser is able to rebuild the original document?

Juan Carlos.