dss message

Subject: RE: [dss] XMLData problem in Core "Opaqueness

Thanks Rich,

   I have included an extract from the 0.3 ATOM draft below. You are right
Rich, they deal with this issue.

Excerpt from Section 3 "Common Atom Constructs" begins here ...

3.1.2  "mode" Attribute

Content constructs MAY have a "mode" attribute, whose value indicates the
method used to encode the content. When present, this attribute's value MUST
be listed below. If not present, its value MUST be considered to be "xml".

"xml":
    A mode attribute with the value "xml" indicates that the element's
content is inline xml (for example, namespace-qualified XHTML).
"escaped":
    A mode attribute with the value "escaped" indicates that the element's
content is an escaped string. Processors MUST unescape the element's content
before considering it as content of the indicated media type.
"base64":
    A mode attribute with the value "base64" indicates that the element's
content is base64-encoded [RFC2045]. Processors MUST decode the element's
content before considering it as content of the the indicated media type.

... Excerpt ends here

This is very close to my earlier suggestion. There are further
restrictions/guidelines when using mode="xml" and they are also constrained
to xml 1.0

Comments ?

Ed