dss message

Subject: XMLData opaqueness

Juan Carlos, Ed,

I'm glad your testing is unearthing nitty-gritty issues like this.  I haven't reviewed the whole discussion, but we may already have the means to solve this problem.

In addition to Document/XMLData, the core has a Document/Base64Data which can contain XML.  This is processed by the Server as an octet-stream, which means the client must have already applied canonicalization (of whatever sort).

Given how problematic Document/XMLData is, perhaps it should simply be removed in favor of base64'ing everything?

Trevor