dss message

Subject: Re: [Fwd: [dss] More on EnvelopingSignature]

Dear all,

Edward Shallow wrote:
[...] In fact one could
use either the ObjId passed in EnvelopingSignature or why not simply the
RefURI on the target BaseDocumentType to add the Id attribute to the newly
constructed ds:Object node (see Andreas' enveloping example on the Wiki ...
#content).
What if the InputDocuments RefURI is not a bare name XPointer (or equivalent).

1. RefURI="#...some...XPointer..."
2. RefURI="www.somehost.com/somelocation#...some...XPointer..."

If the input documents RefURI is 1. or 2. then an ID Attribute would have to be generated
(e.g. random name) for the ds:Object's Id attribute and the ds:Reference's URI, wouldn't it?
I'd rather leave the decision which name to give a ds:Object to the client.

In the case of a bare name XPointer (or equivalent) however I don't see a problem omitting
EnvelopingSignature's ObjId attribute.

An alternative would be to allow bare name XPointers (or equivalent to retain comments etc)
for the RefId only for enveloping signatures, however then the server could not retrieve external resources
and embed them as ds:Objects, even not in a profile.
I do not believe that the False scenario will present itself
often enough to be useful and is not IMHO warranted. Why would the user
create any signature-specific framing at all ?
I agree on that.
 That is what they want the
server to preform.
[...]