dss message

Subject: FW: TransformedDocument element

Forwarding issue from DSS interop.

I suggest that we look at this once the revised draft Core has been
produced.

Nick

-----Original Message-----
From: Andreas Kuehne [mailto:akuehne@yahoo.com]
Sent: 17 June 2005 11:03
To: scabre@ac.upc.edu; Edward Shallow; Konrad Lanz; Nick Pope; Tommy
Lindberg
Cc: cruellas@ac.upc.edu
Subject: Re: TransformedDocument element

Hi Sergi,

I guess we don't solve this by just 'base64 coding' the problem. You still
got the problem after
you decoded the transform result and want to do further processing. The
information about the
result type of the XPath operation is lost. On some cases you can't guess if
it once was a tree
fragment or just a funny string.
To take out some complexety I would vote for restricting the transformed
result to a tree
fragment. We just have to introduce a new holder ( like 'dssTreeFragment' )
for this because
dss:Document is too narrow.

Greetings

Andreas