dss message

Subject: Wording for an effective Transformation (Action 05-07-25-2)

Dear all,

we need a wording for an effective Transformation that is to be
understood to reflect all changes and transformations done from
receiving a SignRequest to final hash of each ds:Reference and can be
understood to add robustness in terms of data type normalization, CDATA
Sections etc...

Please read
http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/xmljava/chapters/ch10s05.html for details.

The wording shall be normative text that fits into 3.3 b) (see below)

Stefan and I'd be very thankful for input.

Konrad

3.3 b variant 1
"""
b.    The data is processed and tranforms applied by the server to
produced a canonicalized octet string as required in clause 4.3.3.2 of
[XMLSig].
Note: As required in [XMLSig] if the end result is an XML node set, the
server MUST attempt to convert the node set back into an octet stream
using Canonical XML [XML-C14N].
"""

3.3 b variant 2
"""
b.    The server MAY apply additional XML signature transforms.  These
transforms should be applied as per [XMLSig-RefProcModel] .
"""