dss message

Subject: Re: [dss] suggestion for 3.3.3 (Action 05-07-25-1)

Hi Konrad,
Just one question: is the attribute "createEnvelopedSignature"
actually needed? I mean the whole purpose of the "SignaturePlacement"
element is to instruct the server to actually insert the signature
within one of the documents sent by the client. What is the
justification for
this attribute.... What would you expect the server's behaviour should be
if the value for this attribute was "false"...not inserting the signature
in the document? if, as you mention in one of your emails, we allow splicing
by clients (with all the restrictions and notes you mention), then, asuming
that you would have in one document a same-document URI, the server
should imagine
that the client would splice the signature within the document...

Sorry if this question has already been discussed... I have gone through
all the
emails exchanged during the weeks that I was away and I may have lost
something...

Regards

Juan Carlos.