dss message

Subject: DSS Core WD34 pre 4

I have the following major comments on the revised draft of the core.

1) Client Side Transform and no server side transform

The situation where all transforms are carried out on the client side and
the XML is transferred as an octet string in Base64Data could be easily
supported if the transforms are included in the BaseDocumentType.

Also, alternative signing procedures covering this situation is proposed in
revised text accompanying this document.

2) 2.8 Special Optional Inputs
---------------------------

None of the optional inputs defined in this document have defaults and in
general it is not clear that a default can be defined in many cases.  So I
suggest that the present of a default is changed to a MAY.

At the DSS conference call it was suggested that certain optional inputs are
central to the core and so should be mandatory to implement.   It is
believed that <IncludeObject>, <SignaturePlacement>,<SignedReference>,
<DocumentWithSignature>
Do not have any special status in the core but are optional elements added
for enveloped signatures etc.  Rather the sections 3.3.2, 3.3.3 and 3.3.4
should be moved to be 3.5.x to be alongside other optional inputs.

3) 3.4.1 Enveloping in CMS

Unless I am mistaken this isn’t standard use of CMS, and so shouldn’t be
part of the Core.

In addition I have gone through proposing re-wording of the text to make it
clearer as attached.

Nick
Mob: +44 (0) 777 567 2590

oasis-dss-1[1].0-core-spec-wd-34-pre4-npcmts.doc