dss message

Subject: Re: [dss] [Fwd: Async comments by Tommy]

Hi Andreas -

The idea was to allow the service generate the quantity that it uses to index the data that is required by service-side PendingRequest processing. So there is a new attribute required in the response to the initial request and another attribute required in the PendingRequest. Both can be called ResponseID.

Fragments intended to illustrate this.

<SignRequest xmlns="..." RequestID="123" Profile="...">
  <AdditionalProfile>urn:oasis:names:tc:dss:1.0:profiles:asynchronousprocessing
  </AdditionalProfile>
</SignRequest>

<SignResponse xmlns="..." RequestID="123" ResponseID="345">
</SignResponse>

<PendingRequest xmlns="..." RequestID="678" OriginalRequestID="123" ResponseID="345">
</PendingRequest>

The OriginalRequestID is still useful for correlation purposes.

Result minor "...profiles:asynchronousprocessing:resultminor:RequestIdInUse" is no longer required.  Nor is the RequestID collision detection in the service-side PendingRequest processing.

Regards,
Tommy

On 9/26/05, Andreas Kuehne <kuehne@klup.de> wrote:

Hi Nick !

> I understand that this change addresses Tommy's first comment about there
> being a common ancestor type for request & response.
OK !

> Unless I have missed it, I think there is still need to reflect the second
> comment about having an optional response ID.
The second issue doesn't introduce any changes within the core. The requestID attribute is already present both in the request and the response. This aspect will be targeted by an updated version of the async profile.

Greetings

Andreas