dss message

Subject: A couple points on the timestamping issues in the Core

Section "5.1.1 5.1.1 XML Timestamp Token" under paragraph
"<ds:SignedInfo>/<ds:Reference> [Required]" went through
the following phases:

===
wd-30.doc:
There MUST be a single <ds:Reference> element whose URI attribute
references the <ds:Object> containing the enveloped <TstInfo> element,
and whose Type attribute is equal to
urn:oasis:names:tc:dss:1.0:core:schema:XMLTimeStampToken.
The remaining <ds:Reference> element(s) will reference the document
or documents that are timestamped.

wd-35.doc:
There MUST be a single <ds:Reference> element whose URI attribute
references the <ds:Object> containing the enveloped <TstInfo> element,
and whose Type attribute is equal to
urn:oasis:names:tc:dss:1.0:core:schema:XMLTimeStampToken.
For every input document being timestamped, there MUST be a single
<ds:Reference> element whose URI attribute references the document.

wd-41.doc:
There MUST be a single <ds:Reference> element whose URI attribute
references the <ds:Object> containing the enveloped <TstInfo> element,
and whose Type attribute is equal to
urn:oasis:names:tc:dss:1.0:core:schema:XMLTimeStampToken.
===

I think we should revert to the version of the text in wd-35.doc.
As it stands now, nothing is being said about the XML timestamp
binding the input documents (data or hashes).

The other issue is, I would like the text to avoid referencing
exactly two ds:References in XML timestamps on signatures.
The text in 3.5.2.2 should specify that the two <ds:Reference>
elements must be present in the <ds:Signature> but not
exclude other elements (it may already accept this
interpretation, depending on the way you read it).
The text in 4.3.2.2 should modify step 5 and instead specify
that the two expected references be looked up and handled as described,
and that any remaining <ds:Reference> elements be handled according
to the specified profile or if XMLDSig rules.

Dimitri