dss message

Subject: AI 06-06-05-01

Here's text I promised to propose in response to AI 06-06-05-01.  The text is intended to replace the existing section 2.9.1 in its entirety.

""
The <Schemas> element is typically used as an optional input in a <VerifyRequest>. However, there are situations where it may be used as an optional output. For example, a service that makes  use of the <ReturnUpdatedSignature> mechanism may, after verifying a signature over an input document, generate a signature over a document of a different schema than the input document. In this case the <Schemas> element MAY be used to communicate the XML schemas required for validating the returned XML document.

For a description of the <Schemas> element see section 2.8.5.
""

I'd like to request that we spend a few moments during todays call to confirm that the implications of the above is indeed permissive usage of UpdatedSignature and SignatureObject.

Regards,
Tommy