dss message

Subject: RE: [dss] public comment from ebXML

Andreas,

I agree,

Nick

-----Original Message-----
From: Andreas Kuehne [mailto:kuehne@klup.de]
Sent: 17 November 2006 14:19
To: Nick.Pope@thales-esecurity.com; dss@lists.oasis-open.org

Nick,

>  How would you suggest we answer the specific point made about adding
> ebXML
>  capabilities to the Core.
>
>  I thought initially that maybe a ebXML specific profile would be more
>  appropriate.  Alternatively, is adding ebXML transport to the Core
> something
>  that can be done with minimal disruption to the Core?  Is it something
> for
>  the next round?
For several reasons I would prefer to go for a separate ebXML profile :

- 1.0 is out for public review, it's too late to add significant
functionality

- Once there is a reference to ebXML is in the core, people may shy away
from the whole spec : 'much too heavy-weighted !' Iirc we saw concern
regarding SOAP, and ebXML is quite a different class.

- If there is a ebXML profile ready next year, hopefully along with some
other profiles, we keep some attention on our effort.

- InterOp for ebXML is quite some effort. Especially starting with ebXML
from scratch is a significant task. Can't see that we can handle this
'til end of the year ( or any other acceptable InterOp deadline )

Other opinions welcome !

Greetings

Andreas

Andreas Kühne
phone: +49 177 293 24 97
mailto: kuehne@trustable.de

Trustable
Kirchröder Str. 70e
30625 Hannover
Germany
www.trustable.de

Kostenlose Verifikation qualifizierter elektronischer Signaturen:
www.sig-check.de

You must not disclose, copy or rely on any part of this correspondence if
you are not the intended recipient.
If you have received this email in error, please delete it from your system
and notify the System Administrator at Thales e-Security +44 (0)1844 201800
or mail postmaster@thales-esecurity.com