dss message

Subject: DSS Public comments

All,

I failed to notice that I had been unsubscribed from the DSS public
comments list with my change of membership.

Looking in the archive we had 3 comments, only one of which actually
came in during the review period.  I feel that only needs one minor
editorial change immediately, although we may wish to discuss C) below some
more.

A) from Inma about "Processing for RFC 3161 Tiemstamps on XML
Signatures" subitted in 1st Dec.

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dss-comment/200612/msg00000.html

My proposed response would be:
"It is our belief that the full XAdES profile does not need to be
dupported to implement the <xades:SignatureTimeStamp>.   Rather than
define our own schema elements the policy is adopt existing definitions
wherever possible.

In the case of CMS the situation is different in that we are adopting an
existing usage for encoding signature timestamps that is defined in an
annex to RFC 3161."

B) On multiple signatures cubmitted on 5th Dec.
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dss-comment/200612/msg00001.html

Item 1

The note in 4.3.1 which current states "Multiple signature on multiple
documents is not supported." Should be changed to:

"The procedures for handling Multiple signature on multiple documents
are not defined in this Core specification, but however such procedures,
along with any optional elements that may be required, may be defined in
profiles of this specification."

Item 2

As suggested a more structured verification report output could be added
in a profile.

Item 3.

We will consider this suggestion as part of the future work of DSS.

C) The use of DSS and SOAP 1.2 attachments.
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dss-comment/200612/msg00002.html

It would be nice to support this but I think it is a bit late to make
this change which will require several minor changes to accomodate the
alternative.

Happy Christmas to everyone!

Nick

You must not disclose, copy or rely on any part of this correspondence if
you are not the intended recipient.
If you have received this email in error, please delete it from your system
and notify the System Administrator at Thales e-Security +44 (0)1844 201800
or mail postmaster@thales-esecurity.com