ebcore message

Subject: RE: [ebcore] HITSP letter draft

Kathryn,

This is a strategic question for sure.  From the BOD position - I'm sure they would want HITSP to view OASIS specifications generally as equally of merit and applicable.  I think HITSP have gone to a bad place when they starting trying to differenciate and pick and choose.  This rarely works out well.  Technically it is difficult to assume that only one size fits all.  This is absolutely something HITSP should be leaving to their projects to make the calls on - and the pro's and con's - not prejudging this on arbitary basis.

Unfortunately there's not a nice way to say that in the letter - so I guess we kind of help them read between the lines... ; -)

Thanks, DW

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Breininger, Kathryn R" <kathryn.r.breininger@boeing.com>
Date: Tue, February 24, 2009 1:19 pm
To: "David RR Webber (XML)" <david@drrw.info>,
<ebcore@lists.oasis-open.org>

Thank you David - appreciate you working this!  Should we list the specific OASIS standards we are referring to in the letter?

I would like to cover this and the draft "10 reasons" document at our next ebCORE meeting and hopefully reach agreement so we can submit the letter.  Our next ebXML CORE meeting is Friday March 6th at 10:00 am Pacific Time.

Kathryn Breininger
Manager, Release & Delivery Services
CIMS - Center for Information Management Services
MC 62-LC
425-965-0242 desk
425-512-4281 cell
425-237-4582 fax