ebcore message

Subject: RE: [ebcore] ICD list, edited slightly from automated generator

Dale,

Great work - looks very wiki-able!

Thanks, DW

-------- Original Message --------
From: "Moberg Dale" <dmoberg@axway.com>
Date: Tue, August 11, 2009 1:03 pm
To: "David RR Webber (XML)" <david@drrw.info>, "Pim van der Eijk"
<pvde@sonnenglanz.net>
Cc: <ebcore@lists.oasis-open.org>

Hi

I followed the ecom rules on exported plaintext from iso 6523 pdf.

I noticed a lot of parenthetical remarks in “name of coding” that I suspect is not intended. So I edited the list by hand. I also removed some weird characters from the exported text. The  short or abbreviated names are supposed to be found after a colon “:” in the 6523 fields. That is sometimes done, but sometimes parentheses are used, and sometimes other parenthetical values are used. So as data for a code list, iso 6523 leaves a lot to be desired. And our ecom rules need to be adapted a little bit. But at least this list should provide a list of values for party id type that is “available for use”

I also uri escaped “/” and “’” (apostrophe) in accordance with ecom rules.

We also need to add in the legacy DUNS identifiers. Then we have the base list for the wiki.

Ebxml-dev traffic suggest that some other better (shorter) identifiers might be created by organizations and we can add these to the wiki list if they wish to make them public.

Friday, I asked for a wiki for the ebCore TC. No response yet

So this is the start for the wiki on Party ID Type values.

Dale Moberg