ebcore message

Subject: RE: [ebcore] Meeting on Friday, Jan 8th?

I haven't heard from anyone else... I assume that means folks are not online or available?

Kathryn Breininger

-----Original Message-----
From: Pim van der Eijk [mailto:pvde@sonnenglanz.net]
Sent: Thursday, January 07, 2010 2:56 AM
To: Breininger, Kathryn R; ebcore@lists.oasis-open.org

Hello,

I have a topic, but there is no rush so it could wait until a later meeting.

An idea I would like to discuss relates to last year's discussion on PartyId:
http://lists.ebxml.org/archives/ebxml-dev/200908/
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ebcore/200908/threads.h
tml

Could we extract the section on PartyId from the CPA 3.0 draft and publish it as a separate, very small, specification?
The CPA editors would need to agree to it obviously.

Reasons:
- There is a real need among users for something like this.
- If we wait for CPA 3.0 to finish it may be many months, and it would be buried in a spec that some potential users will never look into.
- It would be a nice, low-effort deliverable for this TC.

If people agree, I volunteer to do the necessary editing (mostly cutting and pasting) and formating but the effort is minimal.

The proposal would be to be a bit more general and define three URNs instead of one.

1) urn:oasis:names:tc:ebxml-cppa:partyid-type:iso6523

As described in the PartyId section on CPA 3.0.  When we post the ICD list on the Wiki, we would have a useful resource to promote its use

Examples:

urn:oasis:names:tc:ebxml-cppa:partyid-type:iso6523:0060 is DUNS
urn:oasis:names:tc:ebxml-cppa:partyid-type:iso6523:0088 is
GS1 GLN

Question is whether we keep the "ebxml-cppa" or change to "ebcore"? Is this better:

urn:oasis:names:tc:ebcore:partyid-type:iso6523:0060

2) urn:oasis:names:tc:ebxml-cppa:partyid-type:iso15022

Examples:

urn:oasis:names:tc:ebxml-cppa:partyid-type:iso15022:XETR is "Deutsche Boerse AG: XETRA"
urn:oasis:names:tc:ebxml-cppa:partyid-type:iso15022:XLON is "London Stock Exchange"

3) urn:oasis:names:tc:ebxml-cppa:partyid-type:unregistered

A standardized prefixes for arbitrary unregistered, bilaterally agreed code systems.
Of use for people want to use an official IANA-registered URN but have an unregistered classification scheme.

Examples:

urn:oasis:names:tc:ebxml-cppa:partyid-type:unregistered:myho
megrownpartyidscheme

Unrelated to the above, I posted an ebBP question, but we can also discuss that during next week ebCore-CPA SubCommittee meeting.

Pim