ebcore message

Subject: RE: [ebcore] Semantic alignment support in CPPA

Hi Farrukh,

The OWL query support definitely sounds relevant.

The SET TC has also developed OWL ontologies for UNCEFACT CCTS that are
relevant.

David Webber can explain their progress so far to us, and relate it to
his CAM versions of similar functionality. The SET TC has actually been
more ambitious than developing support for simple semantic alignment
constraints/rules and are seeking automatic mapping between diverse
message sets (UBL and GS1, for example) that each have a CC
"conformance."

CPPA just needs to have a survey of existing approaches so that for
version 3.0, suitable containers can be defined to organize the
information that constitutes the agreement on "semantic" conventions
(philosophically viewed, these conventions will of course really just be
more agreements about syntactic rules that we think of as constraining
the intended semantics).

Your explanation of the examples and maybe how to reference the
information (or regrep query for it!) would I think be very useful.

Thanks,

Dale Moberg