ebcore message

Subject: FW: [ebcore-comment] PartyIdType 1.0.2

Came into our comments list (not sure if all of you subscribe to the comments list)

Kathryn Breininger
Manager, Document Authoring & Release
Product Standards Office
Boeing Research & Technology
The Boeing Company

MC 62-LC
425-965-0242 desk
425-512-4281 cell
425-237-4582 fax

From: Adrian Mueller [mailto:adrian.mueller@cyber-identity.com]
Sent: Friday, June 04, 2010 2:22 AM
To: ebcore-comment@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [ebcore-comment] PartyIdType 1.0.2

Concerning: OASIS ebCore Party Id Type Technical Specification Version 1.0, Committee Draft 02

Dear all,

I have read the draft of "OASIS ebCore Party Id Type Technical Specification Version 1.0" with great interest. This specification fills a gap in eCommerce by defining explicit URN namespaces for unique business identifiers and is therefore a very important contribution to the eBusiness community.

Attached I send you a version of the document which contains my proposals for an update of the specification. They can be summarized as follows:

  • Correction of a few typos

  • The current version is limiting the scope of the application of the according URNs where the scheme-identifiers are syntactically separated from the specific business identifier, i.e. where the scheme-identifier is included as a value in the attribute of an XML-tag and the specific business identifier is included in the body of the tag.
    This limitation seems unnecessary; with few amendments to the specification a joining of the scheme-identifer and the specific business identifier can also be allowed, i.e. the specific business identifier being a part of the URN is also made possible. These amendments broaden the range of applications where the according URNs can be used.
    Examples are:

    • Inclusion in X.509 certificates (e.g. as serialNumber attribute in the Distinguished Name of the certificate holder)

    • Inclusion as value of an HTTP-header (e.g. in an AS2 sender and recipient address)

    • Usage as input for URN-resolvers

    • etc.

Best regards,

    Adrian Mueller

--
Adrian MUELLER
ID Cyber-Identity Ltd

ID Cyber-Identity Ltd
Technoparkstr. 1
8005 Zuerich
SWITZERLAND

http://www.cyber-identity.com
phone  +41 44 500 50 94
mobile +41 79 502 53 45

PartyIdType-1.0-2_AM.odt

--
This publicly archived list offers a means to provide input to the
OASIS ebXML Core (ebCore) TC.

In order to verify user consent to the Feedback License terms and
before posting.

Subscribe: ebcore-comment-subscribe@lists.oasis-open.org