ebcore message

Subject: Re: [ebcore-comment] ebCore Agreement Update Specification Version 1.0

Dear Patrick,

Many thanks to you for reviewing this specification.  We will process your comments and prepare an updated version.

I would like to specifically comment on TAB-1346.

The W3C recommendation provides an XML Schema that we wanted to link to.  However, that schema file has several known issues, as documented at https://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/errata/xmldsig-core-11-errata.html.  So any schema that imports this W3C schema is invalid.
When creating the AU schema I manually fixed the referenced schema. However, the result is an edited version of a W3C copyright file.  It would be preferable if W3C would publish a version of the schema file that incorporates those fixes, which this OASIS schema could then simply reference.  We have been in touch with the W3C team but have not heard back from them yet.

We would appreciate your on how to proceed.  Some options are:
(1) We could publish a fixed version as part of the OASIS ebCore AU package.
(2) We could add a note to users that they need to create such a fixed version themselves and reference it from their downloaded copy of the file, if they want to use the schema for purposes like validation.
(3) continue to engage with W3C and wait until they fix the schema. However, that would delay further progress in ebCore.

Copying the ebCore TC so they are aware.

Kind Regards,

Pim