ebcore message

Subject: Re: [ebcore] Finalizing CPPA3

Hi Theo,

Thanks for your email.

On 13-11-19 12:46, Theo Kramer wrote:
Thanks for the update.

As a vendor I have no particular feelings for/against CPPA3 but would need to consider the implications of supporting it as we have had no specific requirements from clients as yet on this.

One reason I propose finalizing the work is that I have some users that are interested.

The simplest approach for a vendor would be to provide an import mechanism from this format to whatever the vendor uses for messaging configuration. As long as a product has an API and/or structured import data format, past experience is that this is usually not that hard in practice.

For AS4, as mentioned, I did a proof-of-concept for two AS4 products, one of which is Flame FMS, entry point is https://secure.e-codex.eu/gitblit/summary/research%2Fas4config_poc.git, some generated configurations for Flame FMS are available in that repository.

As a TC member I am ok that we put this out for discussion via the normal channels.

Great, formalizing the current draft as a Committee Specification Draft and opening it for review would be the way to get feedback.

I would also be open to a discussion with yourself and rest of the TC (telecon/f2f) around the benefits and use cases for this and where other existing approaches to exchanging connection and p-mode config detail may already exist.

OK I'll contact you offline on this, maybe we can set up a meeting with any interested members.

Kind Regards,

Pim