ebcore message

Subject: Upcoming vote

Hello,

Based on feedback I've received so far from some of you, and the absence of comments from others, there seem to be no open comments from TC members on the CPPA3 spec that they want to be addressed. One user community intends to use it and wants the specification to be standardized. Therefore I plan to start a ballot next week, similar to the one https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ebcore/ballot.php?id=2934, short-circuiting some unnecessary steps.

Note that OASIS ballots require majorities, and voting members count for calculating quorum.

Kind Regards,

Pim van der Eijk

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [ebcore] Finalizing CPPA3
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2019 16:14:22 +0100
From: Pim van der Eijk <pvde@sonnenglanz.net>
To: ebcore@lists.oasis-open.org

Hello TC,

The work on the last outstanding bit of OASIS ebXML specifications, CPPA3, started many years ago. The latest restart was in 2016, with periodic updates for over two years. The last versions of specification, schema, schema documentation and samples were uploaded by the end of last year. Since then I've waited to see if any minor extensions are needed, but none have come up, at least not to me.ÂÂ

Also, some users are going to start deploying CPPA3 as a download format for an AS4 community configuration platform, and for them it is important that the schema be stable and non-proprietary. Therefore I would like to ask if you agree that the time has come to move this work to completion.Â

My proposal is to take a few weeks, until the end of this month, to allow anyone who wants to have a final look. Then, if there are no issues or concerns, we could start a ballot to approve the current work as Committee Specification Drafts and to open them up for Public review.

Please let me know if this is OK with you.Â

For review, below are the links to the latest documents.ÂÂ

Specification:
Schema:

Schema documentation:

To get a quick overview of the latest work, the best starting point may be the following presentation:

An open source library (Python2/3) implementing a wide range of CPPA3 related functionality is available from:

A proof-of-concept showing use of CPPA3 for automated configuration of AS4 based on ENTSOG AS4 profile is available at:

Another proof-of-concept shows use of CPPA3 for generating P-Modes for the two AS4 products (Flame FMS and Domibus):

Kind regards,

Pim