Subject: [cross posting removed] IBM BI-ICS

Joseph:

Thanks.  I know Scott and he is a *very* smart guy so it does not
surprise me to see this coming out from him and IBM.  The approach is
IMO the best way forward.

The "Business area" sounds  bit more like the UN/CEFACT "Business
Collaboration" area of the stack.  We first sussed this out in the ebXML
Technical Architecture group (Scott participated in that group and was
instrumental in delivering the first spec) but did not finish the work.
 The idea was to address the policy, intent, etc that lives above each
"process".  For example, you and I could have an agreement that allows
you to use a "Business Process" to order coffee from me.  The
"Collaboration" layer is a business view of the intent of how that will
be done and used.  How many simultaneous conversations are allowed?  How
much credit limit will you get?  IBM first developed these concepts in
the CPP/A predecessor TPAML.

Regarding the Core Component methodology to build payloads, many groups
are working on this and again, it does not surprise me to see someone
leverage the work that has been done and finish it.  We (Adobe) are just
finishing up a bit of work in this area too.  There are numerous
advantages to doing this.

Can't wait to see Scott slides.

Duane