Subject: RE: [ebsoa] Re: [regrep] Did ebXML Help Accelerate the Web Services Evolution?

Mark Yader said

one CIO reply was "because I still can't implement a "working"
distributed WS if one application is running under .NET and the other is
running under J2EE".

Hi Mark we've found .Net to be one of the easier toolkits to get working
to J2EE. My suspicion would be that the messages exceeded the capability
of current web service toolkits, but if you don't fall for to much hype
it can be done. [And no I'm not saying it's 'good' that these limits /
features exist].

Chris Hipson
Web Service Technology Consultant
-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Yader [mailto:mjyader@comcast.net]
Sent: 25 March 2004 02:39
To: David RR Webber; Chiusano Joseph; ebxml-dev@lists.ebxml.org;
regrep@lists.oasis-open.org; ebSOA
Subject: Re: [ebsoa] Re: [regrep] Did ebXML Help Accelerate the Web
Services Evolution?

To add  fuel to the David (Webber) vs. Goliaths (Microsoft, IBM) story,
I'll
relay a comment I heard at the CIO Council at FOSE. When I asked why
they
haven't fully blessed SOA and WS, one CIO reply was "because I still
can't
implement a "working" distributed WS if one application is running under
.NET and the other is running under J2EE".

I'm not sure we can achieve this, but I hope our team can develop a
"roadmap" toward a unified set set of standards or, at least, a friendly
co-existence.

Regards......Mark