Subject: Preliminary planning call

Notes form the informal planning meeting March 26:

Attendees (Please email me if you attended and your name is not here)

Kathryn Breninger, Boeing
Joseph Chuisano, Booz Allen Hamilton
Tim Mathews, LMI
Matt Mackenzie, Adobe
Jacques Durand, Fujitsu
Chris Ethier, Adobe
Anders Tell, Toolsmiths Sweden
Bernd Eckenfels, Seeburger
Duane Nickull, Adobe
Jamie Clarke, OASIS
(someone else who's name I could not hear properly??)

Call was preliminary introductions and planning

Tabled for an agenda at first official meeting (Face to Face)

Meeting Name:    ebSOA TC
Day:    Thursday, 29 April
Time:    1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Number of Participants:    6 people
Audio Visual Request:    None
Phone/Internet Request:    None*
Room Set:    Boardroom for 12 people

OASIS SYMPOSIUM:  RELIABLE INFRASTRUCTURES FOR XML
25-29 APRIL 2004
NEW ORLEANS MARRIOTT
http://www.oasis-open.org/events/symposium/

* If you are a prospective member and cannot attend, please request to
this list ASAP your need for a phone.  If we have more than one member
requesting a phone, we will ask for sponsors to cover the cost (Approx
$400).

Discussed on call March 26, 2004:

Proposal by John Hardin to present UDEF.

The SOA team felt is was best scheduled for a lunch and learn - perhaps
other group may also join up.  Duane to contact John Hardin and OASIS to
determine date??  20-30 minutes.

After much discussion touching a variety of topics, the following agenda
is beginning to take shape.

Report from Joseph Chuisano on SOA summit at NIST April 15th.  Actions
items?
Scope of Architecture (discussion)
Define Audience and scope
Architectural style discussion (Matt Mackenzie suggests software
architecture style, will depend on primary audience and scope)
Appointment of editing team
Comments on ebXML TA v 1.04 and or UN/CEFACT eBusiness Architecture v0.83.
Liaisons , relationships with other groups.
Discuss Legal aspects (perhaps best to make statement stating legal
issues outside scope of TC.) TBD

Please let me know ASAP if I have missed something.  Thank you al.
Cheers

Duane Nickull

--
Senior Standards Strategist