Subject: RE: [ebsoa] Blurb about ebSOA Work (For Interview)

Although I like David's words, I concur with Duane's suggestion. At this
stage anything other than a paraphrase of the words lifted from the
charter would require a caveat - such as "this is a personal opinion."
And how many times have journalists ignored personal opinion caveats.

My 2 cents

Ron Schuldt
Senior Staff Systems Architect
Lockheed Martin Enterprise Information Systems
11757 W. Ken Caryl Ave.
#F521 Mail Point DC5694
Littleton, CO 80127
303-977-1414
ron.l.schuldt@lmco.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Duane Nickull [mailto:dnickull@adobe.com]
Sent: Friday, April 02, 2004 10:13 AM
To: Chiusano Joseph
Cc: ebSOA

Joseph:

I would suggest lifting a sentence or two from our charter document for
the interview.  It captures the intent perfectly.  Since we have had no
formal meetings since the announcement, we cannot tweak it since that
may not be reflective of the groups consensus.

How about:

"The TC is focused on building a modern Service Oriented, Event Driven
Architecture specifically applying the web service paradigm to the arena

of global electronic business.  The TC's output will be to reflect
advances in convergence between web services and ebXML stacks and
capture that output in a revision to the ebXML Technical Architecture."

 From our Charter:

"The TC will:
-- Assess the subsequent and related works noted herein and the
implementation experience of the existing ebXML and Web Services
specifications.

-- Update the descriptive and normative statements of existing ebXML and

Web Services specifications in an updated Technical Architecture
document(s) to reflect the subsequent approved versions, and the other
developments and implementation experiences described here.

-- Assess the implement ability and inter operability of the multiple
ebXML and Web Services specifications,  provide comments and suggestions

to the TCs managing the individual specifications, and identify gaps or
future work (if any) needed or desirable for useful complete
implementations.

-- Assess the implement ability and interoperability of other relevant
approved e-business and web services standards with one or more existing

ebXML specifications, provide comments and suggestions (if any) to the
TCs and other panels managing the relevant individual specifications,
and (if the TC elects) provide non-normative examples or suggestions for

useful combinations and extensions of the various specifications.

-- Adhere to the requirements of the ebXML Requirements Specification
[v1.06] and/or later revisions.

-- Provide an opportunity for each TC that manages an individual ebXML
and/or Web Service(s) specifications to comment on and correct any
descriptions or characterizations of those specifications before they
are incorporated into any work approved by this TC.

-- Not publish normative public guidance about an existing ebXML
specification that contradicts the approved text.  Suggestions for
change or extension should be welcome and recorded, but expressed in a
manner that does not undermine the approved specifications as the
primary source of ebXML technical guidance."

Duane

--
Senior Standards Strategist
Adobe Systems, Inc.