Subject: Re: [ebsoa] STOP!!! Re: [ebsoa] Factors for inclusion in ebSOA mission envelope

     Not only is Matt right about the e-mail volume (my opinion), but the
TC does not yet exist, and is not authorized to take positions (objective
rules statement).  It is unlikely that most of the TC's participants are
present so far.  And when they do come, they may not care to go back and
read a large bolus of prior e-mail.  Even if this group *were* to reach
consensus on something prior to the launch meeting, that would be unfair
and irrelevant to the TC.  You'll have to do it *again* once launched.
      Personally I recognize and am grateful for the enthusiasm and
interest being generated here.  However, OASIS maintains open
process.  That requires more than just following the explicit rules.  It
also requires that the group not conduct a pre-launch conversation so
demanding or voluminous that fresh participants cannot jump in on the same
page as everyone else.  This project will succeed only if newcomers do not
feel that the boat has already sailed, when they reach the dock.
     The boat leaves at the first meeting, in late April.  Even then, it
will be constrained by its charter, and by the need to be accessible to new
users and viewpoints.  To be fair to all participants, we need you to keep
the urge to make decisions firmly in check, until the TC launches and has a
chance to self-organize with everyone present.  Regards  JBC

At 11:50 AM 4/7/2004, Matthew MacKenzie wrote:
>I am getting fed up with all of the activity on this list.  The TC hasn't
>even been convened yet, and already certain individuals are SPAM bombing
>us with their agendas and perspectives.
>Am I the only person that gets a lot of email and also has other work to do?

~   James Bryce Clark
~   Manager, Technical Standards Development, OASIS
~   http://www.oasis-open.org/who/staff.shtml
~   +1 978 667 5115 x 203 central office
~   +1 310 293 6739 direct