Subject: eBusiness Metamodel EARLY DRAFT 0.03

If 1.0 is a release, ready for public draft, please consider this a 0.03.

The purpose is to capture the state of ebXML, WS, CEFACT and
requirements of business.  The concepts on this can be mapped back to
the ebXML Requirements document.

We may not have time to discuss this in NO but it is interesting to view.

Please note that the names of certain items do not necessarily
correspond to the names of the work governing them.  For example, the
OASIS CAM work MAY be potentially used as the way to constrain Business
Payload Metadata. I do not make any implied warranties as to such being
true or false.

There are also several departures from existing ebXML groups.  The
details for "TimeToPerform" have been  subclassed to a class of their
own since they are used by the BusinessCollaboration, CPP, CPA and
BusinessProcess classes.  I have added two attributes for value and
qualifier (units of measure).  This is to cater to both short and long
running business processes/collaborations.  We cannot always assume it
would be expressed in days (not precise enough for some) or seconds (the
instance values may become unmanageable if you have something that runs
7 years (220,752,000 seconds).

As per Dale's message, we may have already identified some unnecessary
containership.

Comments, flames, suggestions, etc may be directed at me in person in
new orleans.

Duane Nickull

--
Senior Standards Strategist