Subject: Re: [ebsoa] Re: [ebxml-bp] eBusiness Metamodel EARLY DRAFT 0.03

Anders:

I fully agree.  The work to define the business centric view has started
and is well on its' way as noted in my reply to David.  However, the FSV
has to support the BOV as per the architecture.  Architecture maps the
business requirements to a functional set of technologies.

The work I am doing is a forensic analysis of the FSV components (CPP,
CPA, BP*, CCTS, MSG, REGREP etc.) and has already yielded many
interesting facts.

The two also intersect and reveal areas that need further thinking.  For
instance, the attribute "isLegalyBinding" is, IMO, irresponsible to
place into a BP artifact since laws differ from country to country.  It
would be impossible to require this declaration until all contexts are
known.  The BP must reflect this by making this attribute [0..1] IMO.

I am also examining touch points between the FSV components. It appears
there may be room for optimization but this cannot be done until the
model is complete.  That will not happen soon since there is a long way
to go.

The real hard work will come when the business centric view is complete
and we see if it can map to the architecture of the FSV.  That will be
hard to do without a metamodel of the ebXML FSV .

Duane

--
Senior Standards Strategist
Adobe Systems, Inc.