Subject: Re: [ebxml-bp] eBusiness Metamodel EARLY DRAFT 0.03

Duane Nickull wrote:

> If 1.0 is a release, ready for public draft, please consider this a 0.03.
>
> The purpose is to capture the state of ebXML, WS, CEFACT and
> requirements of business.  The concepts on this can be mapped back to
> the ebXML Requirements document.

mm1: Duane, this seems to reflect functionality that does not exist or
is planned later in some of the technical specification development. I
am interested where the requirements came from and where those
requirements are held/defined, given the changes you have made in the model.

> We may not have time to discuss this in NO but it is interesting to view.
>
> Please note that the names of certain items do not necessarily
> correspond to the names of the work governing them.  For example, the
> OASIS CAM work MAY be potentially used as the way to constrain
> Business Payload Metadata. I do not make any implied warranties as to
> such being true or false.
>
> There are also several departures from existing ebXML groups.  The
> details for "TimeToPerform" have been  subclassed to a class of their
> own since they are used by the BusinessCollaboration, CPP, CPA and
> BusinessProcess classes.  I have added two attributes for value and
> qualifier (units of measure).  This is to cater to both short and long
> running business processes/collaborations.  We cannot always assume it
> would be expressed in days (not precise enough for some) or seconds
> (the instance values may become unmanageable if you have something
> that runs 7 years (220,752,000 seconds).

mm1: If you look at the work item list for ebBP v2.0 you will find that
we have resolved to make TTP an element with conditionality likely
attached.

> As per Dale's message, we may have already identified some unnecessary
> containership.
> Comments, flames, suggestions, etc may be directed at me in person in
> new orleans.

mm1: See comments (not flames in notes in the .pdf) for ease of
understanding comment to model.

ebXML-metamodel3-mm1-050404.pdf